Dairy Free Gluten free Manuka Honey Bread
- 225g gluten free Orgran plain flour
- 115g caster sugar
- 115g NatureFirst Manuka honey
- 150ml hot water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/gas mark 3.
2. Butter a 450g loaf tin and line it with baking paper. Mix the flour and sugar together in a large bowl.
3. Melt the manuka honey and water in a small pan. Sprinkle the bicarbonate of soda over the water mixture and stir.
4. Pour this over the dry ingredients, add the lemon zest and mix just until incorporated.
5. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 50–60 minutes.
6. Remove from the tin and brush the top of the warm bread with manuka honey for a nice sticky finish. Cool, then serve thinly sliced.