Love Cake Date and Orange Scones
Bound to please those who fancy a bit of sweetness in their scones, the blend of date and orange works beautifully together and tastes absolutely delicious. The orange doesn't over power but creates a unique taste that you would otherwise miss in a date scone alone. These are simple to make, so please enjoy.
- 1 Packet Love Cake Sensational Scone Mix
- 1 Cup Chopped Pitted Dates - you can add extra if you like.
- Rind of 1 Large Orange
- 1 Tbsp Caster Sugar if desired
- 1C Rice Milk/Darifree plus 2 Tbsp
- 1/3 C Vegetable Oil
- 3 Tbsp Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- Preheat Oven to 200'C (180'C Fan Forced)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place Love Cake Sensational Scone mix in a food processor, add dates and orange rind - blitz for 10 seconds
- In a separate jug dissolve sugar into rice milk, then add oil and orange juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blitz for 15 seconds. Scrape down sides and blitz for another 10 seconds or until on the scone mix comes together in a nice dough.
- Tip scone dough onto a rice flour covered work surface. Form a square with your hands - approx 25mm thick.
- Cut scones into 9-12 equal sizes portions
- Place scones on baking tray and bake for 10-12mins until scones are slightly coloured on top
- Allow them to cool on a cooling rack then enjoy!