Love Cake Coconut and Lime Cake
- 1 packet of Love Cake Vanilla Cake mix
- 2 large eggs (no 7) or Love Cake Egg Substitute
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup Global Organics coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil. (can use melted Global Organics Raw Cold Pressed Coconut Oil if you want a stronger coconut taste)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Rind of 2 limes
- 50 grams dairy free spread
- 25 grams coconut oil at room temperature (solid) - you can use all dairy free spread if your prefer
- 340 grams gluten free sifted icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 5 tablespoons of coconut milk - test consistency after 3 tablespoons add more or less according to your preference, you can add more than 5 tablespoons if you prefer a runnier frosting
- Preheat Oven to 180'C or 160'C fan forced.
- Prepare 2 x 7 inch round greased cake pans.
- Beat eggs on medium speed until light and fluffy and they form soft peaks - around 5- 7 minutes.
- Whilst eggs are beating empty your Love Cake Vanilla Cake Mix into a large mixing bowl, add coconut - mix well.
- Add coconut milk, oil, lime juice, lime rind and mix well making sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Gently fold in the beaten eggs in batches until just combined, do not over mix.
- Gently pour batter evenly into the 2 prepared tins.
- Bake in the oven 30 -35 (checking at 30 mins) or until the cake skewer comes out clean when testing the cake in the centre.
- Allow cakes to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from tins, place them right side up on cake rack to cool completely.
- Beat dairy free spreads on low until light and fluffy.
- Add half of the sifted icing sugar, beat well. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut milk. Beat well.
- Add the other half of the icing sugar, mix well. Add another tablespoon of coconut milk. Mix.
- At this point judge whether you want to add more coconut milk. If still too thick, add more coconut milk 1 tablespoon at a time and mixing well after each addition.
- Add lime juice. Beat well for 3-5 mins until light and fluffy. Frost your Cake.