- 1" piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 cup brown rice or jasmine rice
- 3/4 cup Global Organics Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Coriander sprigs to garnish
- Using the back of a large knife, pound ginger until it bruises and becomes stringy
- Rinse the rice thoroughly
- Add rice, coconut milk and 3/4 cup cold water to a saucepan
- Stir in ginger and combine well. Place the pan on high heat and bring to a boil while stirring for about 15 seconds
- Cover pan and reduce heat to a simmer. Allow about 45 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from heat, allow rice to steam for about 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork and garnish with coriander.
- Enjoy as a delicious side to meat or stir fry veggies