This amazing recipe is thanks to Surf Sweets.
These cute little ladybird cupcakes are fun, soft and delicious, they will be a hit at any kids party!
- 1 packet of Love Cake Muffin Mix (chocolate or lemon)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) rice milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (or Egg Replacer)
- 2 dates, cut into slivers (for antennae)
- 1 cup margarine
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs plain unsweetened rice milk
- 1 tbs plain soy/dairy free yogurt
- 1/2 cup strawberries (can use frozen strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Line muffin tins with paper liners or grease muffin tins
- Empty Love Cake mix into a medium bowl. Add milk, water and oil. Stir until smooth.
- Lightly whisk eggs (or egg replacer) then add towards the end.
- Pour into muffin tins only filling to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25-35 mins or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack wait until cool.
Making the Icing:
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, cream the margarine until fluffy, or for about 2 minutes.
- Add the confectioners sugar gradually, beating at a low speed until combined.
- Turn up the speed to high, add the remaining ingredients, and beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Strain the strawberries and pour 2/3 tbs of juice into the icing mixture and stir through to make it pink.
- Chill slightly before using.
Making the Ladybirds:
- Slice a wedge out of the top of the cupcakes to make wings.
- Place a Surf Sweets Gummy Swirl at the head (pointy end of wedge).
- Apply icing generously to the wings and head.
- Decorate the wings and head with Surf Sweets Jelly Beans or Gummy Swirls
- Place two slivers of date on the head as antennae.
These will be a hit!
Makes: About 12 ladybird muffins