"Nutty" Dark Choc Chip Cookies
Try Enjoy Life's new Dark Chocolate Morsels in the best way possible: by baking some amazing GFCF choc chip cookies.
Eat them straight out of the oven!
- ¾ cup Shortening (Palm recommended)
- ½ cup Quinoa flakes
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Crunchy Flax Cereal, crushed
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour (or blend your own: ¼ cup + 2 tbsp Sorghum flour, ¼ cup Teff flour, ¼ cup Buckwheat flour, ¼ cup Tapioca starch)
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt, fine
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp Packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Chia or Flaxmeal + 3 tbsp Hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Sunflower seed butter (or margarine)
- ½ cup Toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 180° and line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the quinoa flakes, crushed Crunchy Flax Cereal, flour blend, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the shortening with the granulated sugar and packed brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the chia/flaxmeal and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Add the sunflower seed butter (or margarine) and beat until combined.
- Add the chopped pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips and beat on low speed until mixed in evenly.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or a teaspoon, scoop out the dough into 1” balls and roll. Place 3cm apart on the parchment-lined sheets and bake at 180° for 10-12 minutes until set.
- Allow to cool and serve.
Makes: About 40 cookies