Chicken & Bacon Balls
- 125g lean bacon pieces
- 2 eggs, or egg substitute
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 tsp finely chopped mint
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 300g chicken mince
- ¼ cup Orgran All Purpose Rice Breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- Orgran All Purpose Plain Flour, for rolling (approx. ⅔ cup)
- olive oil, for frying
- Put bacon pieces, carrot and zucchini into the bowl of an electric blender.
- Break in egg or egg substitute
- Add honey, mustard, onion, mint and rosemary. Blend to finely chop and mix ingredients. Pour into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add chicken mince, rice breadcrumbs and salt and pepper. Mix well to combine ingredients.
- Put flour into a small bowl.
- Roll portions of mixture approx. the size of a golf ball in flour
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Cook balls for approx. 7 minutes, turning in the oil to cook evenly. It is important to thoroughly cook chicken.