Gluten Free Pizza Dough
Makes 1 9-10 inch pizza
- 1½ cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon dry active yeast
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon agave nectar, sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup tap water (around 40 degrees)
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with regular beaters or whisk attachment (not dough hook or paddle attachment). Mix on low until combined. Scrape down the bowl once. Turn the mixer to high and mix for 3 minutes. If the mixture is too dry and does not form into a dough, add a little more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, with the mixer running. The dough may clunk around in the mixer at first, then soften up – this is fine. The dough will be soft and sticky.
3. Dust a work surface generously with more gluten free flour. Knead the dough a few times until it is smooth and no longer sticky. Press the dough into a pizza pan or baking sheet. You can roll with a rolling pin if you like.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Add your choice of toppings and bake for an additional 20 – 25 minutes. We love to add a tomato, lots of spinach, pepperoni, and Angel Food Dairy-Free Parmesan.
Source: Simply Gluten Free