Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 15 min Ready in: 25 min
Yield: 8-9 medium pancakes
3 small or 2 medium overly ripe bananas, mashed
2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, melted
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs or egg substitute
1 cup gluten free flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients (bananas and eggs/egg substitute) and stir until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the dry ingredients over the wet and stir just until combined. There might still be some lumps.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Spray it lightly with cooking spray or lightly butter it.
- Pour 1/4 cups of batter onto the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until bubbles start to form around the edges of the pancake.
- Flip it and cook for another 90 seconds or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Continue with the remaining batter and serve the pancakes immediately.
- Top with sliced banana and maple syrup.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers for up to 4 days.