Gluten free vegan pancakes
Serves: Yields 10-12 4" Pancakes
1 cup Orgran all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (flax meal)
2 teaspoons baking powder2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Global Organics Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup DariFree milk alternative (or other milk alternative)
- Grease a pan, and preheat over medium heat on the stove.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl; sift together the flour, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce, and milk. Slowly mix half of the liquid into the dry ingredients, stirring continuously, and the rest ¼ cup at a time to avoid a runny batter. Mix until you get the lumps out of the batter.
- On your pan, begin to cook the pancakes, using about ¼ cup of the batter for each one.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pan, and serve.
- Top with your choice of fresh fruits, Enjoy Life chocolate chips or Maple Syrup.